7 49 $7.00 - $49.00
- Our worm castings are produced locally in Connecticut from only organic inputs. They are regularly tested via microscopy to ensure an optimal level of micro-organic life to benefit your plants.
- Due to their high nutrient content, worm castings should be applied to your plants as a top-dressing or mixed with other soils/composts at a 1:10 ratio to spread the beneficial micro-organisms.
- We line all of our products with a breathable plastic liner that allows gas exchange while preventing moisture loss
- 1 lb, 2 lb, and 7 lb options are bagged in burlap while the 14 lb option comes in a weaved sandbag
How much do you need?
When it comes to worm castings, a little goes a long way. Here are a couple tips to figure out how much you need for your plants.
- House plants - apply a small handful around the roots of each plant (around 1 lb per 8 plants)
- Raised beds - apply a small handful around the roots of each plant (around 1 lb per 10 square feet)
- This equates to around 3-4 lbs for a standard 4x8 bed
- Seeding - mix in 10% worm castings to your normal seed starting mix (around 0.75-1 lbs per seed tray)
- Transplanting - add a small handful to each hole before placing the plants (around 1 lb per 8 plants)